Idaho Christmas Traditions And Activities To Try This Year And Every Year
Idaho has a plethora of Christmas traditions and activities you definitely need to try this year, including:
- Attending the Tuba Christmas Concert at the Idaho State Capital Building
- Creating and looking at snow sculptures
- Plunging into ice-cold water
- Going to see the tallest living Christmas tree in the country
- Ringing in the new year with the Idaho Potato Drop
- Cutting down your own Christmas tree
- Attending the Retro Christmas Festival
Throughout this article, we'll help you get into the Idaho Christmas spirit and give you some ideas of what to do this year and the next. We’ll also explain how Idaho title loans may come in handy around Christmas time.
7 Unique Idaho Christmas Traditions And Activities
1. Attending The Tuba Christmas Concert At The Idaho State Capital Building
The Tuba Christmas concert takes place at the Idaho State Capital Building every year. It's free to attend, and it's an absolute must-visit. Listening to your favorite festive tunes played live in the marble-clad building is truly breathtaking.
2. Creating And Looking At Snow Sculptures
Creating snow sculptures is a fun (and free!) way to spend a weekend with your loved ones. However, you can't call yourself a true Idaho Christmas tradition expert without attending the McCall Winter Carnival to look at professional snow sculptures. At the carnival, you'll find dozens upon dozens of complex and ultra-impressive snow sculptures everywhere you look. You may have sculpture envy by the end of it, but it'll undoubtedly inspire you!
3. Plunging Into Ice Cold Water
Nothing says "fresh start" like spending the first day of the new year plunging into freezing cold water. Every year, hundreds of Idahoans dive into the ice water at Lucky Peak Reservoir for Idaho's Great Polar Bear Challenge hosted by Make-A-Wish. The challenge raises money for children living in the state with critical illnesses. Yes, it may sound crazy. But it's for a fantastic cause and is a rite of passage at this point!
4. Going To See The Tallest Living Christmas Tree In The Country
That's right — Idaho boasts the tallest living Christmas tree in the whole of the United States of America! It stands at a whopping 162 feet tall, and they decorate it with 40,000 lights and a ten-foot star tree topper every year.
5. Ringing In The New Year With The Idaho Potato Drop
The potato drop is the iconic Idaho Christmas tradition that has to be seen to be believed. The festival is free to attend and supports local artists, charities, and businesses. And yes, there is a potato, and it is, indeed, dropped.
6. Cutting Down Your Own Christmas Tree
As any true Idahoan knows, your Christmas tree isn't really your own unless you've gone out and cut it yourself. There are plenty of places across the state that allow you to do this. You may love it so much you add it to your family's traditions!
7. Attending The Retro Christmas Festival
If you love a retro-themed festival, you'll love this Idaho activity! The two-weekend carnival features caroling, crafts, hayrides, and tree-lighting!
Don't Let Emergencies Stop You From Taking Part In Idaho Christmas Traditions
Idaho has no shortage of festive spirit and Christmas activities. But it can all fall flat in the face of a financial emergency like home repairs or incredibly high bills. Thankfully, it doesn't have to be that way. Even if a crisis strikes, title loans are an option to ease the consequent financial pressure.
The value of your vehicle determines the amount of money you can get from a title loan. Our process for getting title loans is as follows:
- Start the process by filling in our short online request form. It sends your information to your nearest Idaho Title Loans, Inc. store location. If you'd rather give us a call, you can do so during standard business hours.
- Within a few moments of submitting the online request form, one of our representatives will give you a call to confirm your information, answer any questions, and go over the necessary items.
- After the phone call, head to your local Idaho Title Loans, Inc. storefront. Don't forget to bring your state-issued photo ID (like your driver's license, for instance), your vehicle, and your lien-free title to your automobile.
- Once you arrive at the store, one of our loan associates briefly evaluates your vehicle and paperwork to establish the amount of cash you qualify for.
- Next, ask any questions you forgot about initially and complete the paperwork with the help of the representative if you're eligible for the loan.
- Finally, receive the money you qualify for either on the same or next day.
Get Your Idaho Title Loan Today!
Explore these weird and wonderful Idaho Christmas traditions and try at least one of them to get yourself into the festive spirit of the holiday time in Idaho. And if you run into a Christmas emergency, get in touch with Idaho Title Loans, Inc. for a fast and easy cash loan. To get started, just fill out a short inquiry for car title loans online.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.