Can I Still Drive My Car If I Get An Online Car Title Loan?
Despite popular belief and many internet debates, you can retain use of your vehicle while you're repaying an online car title loan. The trick is to stick to the payment schedule, and your car will never leave your side.
But let's look at this somewhat confusing factor (after all, your car acts as collateral, right?) before diving into the other benefits of taking out a car title loan for emergencies.
Can You Keep Driving Your Car When Getting An Online Car Title Loan?
It's true — car title loans utilize your vehicle as collateral. However, that doesn't mean you have to stop driving it as normal. Keeping your car is one of the major benefits of taking out a title loan.
At Idaho Title Loans, Inc. we never want to take your car away while dealing with an emergency. We know you probably rely heavily on your vehicle, especially in times of need.
Therefore, we never request your vehicle while you're paying the loan off. Instead, we place a lien on your title, ensuring you don't lose driving privileges.
4 Other Benefits Of An Online Car Title Loan
Retaining vehicle usage is one of the biggest benefits of a title loan, but it isn't the only one. Find four others below:
1. Fast Process
Unlike traditional loans, your title loan request can be processed within 24 hours, allowing you to get your money on the same or the next day.
On top of that, the in-person portion only takes about half an hour, letting you continue with your day.
2. Simple Requirements
You don't need to worry about contending with hard-to-meet criteria. All you need is a state-issued ID displaying your photo, a lien-free title to your vehicle, and your vehicle for inspection. You don't even need a good credit score!
3. Significant Loan Amounts
Unlike other emergency loans offering a maximum of a few hundred or thousand dollars, you can borrow up to $15,000 with one of our online title loans.
The specific amount you receive depends on the value of your vehicle, which we calculate by considering the following factors:
- Age — As a general rule, the older your car, the less it's worth. Of course, this doesn't apply to classic or vintage models.
- Make and model — Speaking of models, this plays a huge role in the vehicle's worth. Luxury or higher-end cars with premium features and packages will always carry higher price tags than run-of-the-mill "everyday" vehicles.
- Mileage — We look at your odometer reading together with its age. Cars considered high mileage have done more than 12,000 miles per year of life (e.g., a two-year-old vehicle with 40,000 miles on the clock).
- Condition — Bumps, scrapes, stained seats, and dings all lower the value. We also assess the mechanical condition to gain a better understanding of the car's true worth.
- Modifications — Some people won't see the value in spoilers, custom paint jobs, and decals. So, in this situation, less is more.
4. Bad Credit Is Okay
Car title loans are available to the masses, regardless of credit history. After all, they are secured loans, giving lenders enough security not to request near-perfect (or even good) credit. Even with a poor credit rating, you are welcome to apply.
To make sure you can afford repayment on the loan, we encourage you to do your own calculations before inquiring. It will give you the peace of mind needed to confidently move forward with the agreement.
Our Easy Online Car Title Loan Process
Now you know that you can continue to drive your car while repaying a title loan, just follow the steps below to get started:
- Start proceedings by completing our basic request form. It delivers your information straight to your preferred Idaho Title Loans, Inc. branch.
- Once we receive your form (it takes just a few moments), we'll give you a call to confirm the information provided and answer your questions. It's also the time to choose a meeting location. Thanks to our streamlined online loan process, you don't need to come into the store. Instead, we'll meet you at your home, workplace, or other suitable destination.
- Make sure you have the required documents and vehicle ready for when we arrive.
- We will quickly appraise your vehicle to establish the amount we can offer you.
- From there, we will review the process again and answer any questions you forgot to ask.
- Finally, you provide your signature and receive the money you need in as little as 24 hours.
Get An Online Car Title Loan Today!
You can keep your car while repaying an online car title loan from us at Idaho Title Loans, Inc. Call or send us your completed request form to get money to fund your emergency while still driving.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.